We at TUM School of Management are convinced that diversity drives innovation in research, teaching, and the further development of our School.
At the TUM School of Management, we strive to advance innovation-based businesses and societies in Germany, Europe, and the world. To achieve this, we engage with universities locally, regionally, and globally. We built a strong network with 125 wonderfully established partnerships worldwide.
Our goal is to expand and diversify our institutional partnerships and strategic alliances globally while building and maintaining strong relationships with our current network. We work with our partners to develop and nurture a globally minded community through thoughtful, engaging, and productive exchange in research and education.
Simultaneously, our increasing international community of staff and students is extremely important to us. We value diversity in our study programs, as it brings new perspectives to our classrooms. Our previous internationalization efforts contributed to a very diverse and international student population. Our academic staff have deep and wide-ranging international experiences that deepen their contributions to their research and teaching.
Exchange by the Numbers:
Each year, the TUM School of Management welcomes more incoming exchange students to its programs than any other School at TUM. We enjoy welcoming exchange students to our community, and learning from one another. The TUM School of Management also sends increasingly more outgoing students to study abroad each year.
We offer the opportunity for incoming and outgoing exchange students to participate in internships during their time abroad within the Entrepreurship Exchange Program. This allows participants to gain practical experience in a new cultural context and link experiences to the theories taught in the classroom.
Spending time abroad is an invaluable opportunity for personal and professional development. It affords participants the opportunity to experience new ways of learning, and to get to know another culture, language, and way of living. We see that student experiences abroad contribute to the depth of our community.
Below are program options for students who wish to participate in more in-depth international programs.
Below are program options for students who are looking for a short-term study away program during the summer or winter term:
TUM School of Management Business School Networks
International Education Network Affiliations
TUM Central Networks
The diversity of our community enriches all aspects of it. The total percentage of international students in all TUM School of Management programs is approximately 35 percent.
By the end of 2022 we signed exchange contracts and agreements with new partners:
1. New Strategic Partnership with Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business signed in November 2022
2. New PhD exchange Program with Politecnico di Milano, which includes course, semester, and academic year exchange, beginning in winter semester 2024
3. New Master-level joint international program with University of Texas at Austin, Jackson School of Geosciences (Sustainable Transitions Exchange Program – STEP), beginning in winter semester 2023
4. New joint international program, Entrepreneurship Exchange Program/Family Enterprise Exchange Program ((F)EEP) with ESADE, beginning in winter semester 2023
5. Visit from the new HEC Dean, Eloïc Peyrache to TUM MGT in January 2023
6. New Exchange Partners in 2022
In 2021 we had new student exchange agreements with the following universities: